What is Indeed Assessments?
- Indeed Assessments offers both ready-to-go and custom candidate assessments to help you quickly see which candidates have the skills you need. Choose from our extensive library of over 50 expert designed, pre-built assessments or build your own to suit your particular hiring goals.
Can I connect Indeed Assessments to my existing Indeed account?
- We are actively working to integrate Indeed Assessments with Indeed. Once that integration is complete, you will see the option to send assessments from within your Indeed dashboard.
How much does Indeed Assessments cost?
- For now, Indeed Assessments is completely free for both employers and job seekers.
Is Indeed Assessments mobile friendly?
- Many of our assessments are mobile friendly. However there are some (such as Typing) that require the use of a laptop or desktop computer. We do our best to put warnings in front of these assessments to give candidates the opportunity to switch devices.
How do I add new administrators?
- Go to “Settings”, then “Administrators” and click the “Invite a new administrator” button on the upper right of the page. Enter the details on the next page and click “Save”. The newly added administrator will receive a system-generated email with a link to create their password.
Is Indeed Assessments offered in other languages?
- For now, Indeed Assessments content is offered only in U.S. English but is available globally for anyone to access.
Am I guaranteed a great candidate if I use Indeed Assessments?
- Indeed Assessments are meant to be a screening tool rather than a selection tool. Scores on assessments should, therefore, be considered within the whole of your hiring process, rather than used solely to make hiring decisions.
How do I send assessments to candidates?
- Share the test bundle’s invitation link with the candidate. Candidates will get an email with a unique link for the candidate to take the assessment. When they click the link, candidates will be prompted to create an account and will then be able to take all of the assessments in the test bundle.
What is a test bundle?
- A test bundle is a collection of one or more assessments that you’d like to send to a candidate. To create a new test bundle, choose Test Bundle from the navigation bar at the top of the screen then select “New Test Bundle” from the upper right of the page. To add assessments to an existing test bundle, select the test bundle you want to edit to open it and then choose “edit”.
How long does it take to complete an assessment?
- Completion of an assessment can range from 5-15 minutes.
Do candidates see their assessment scores?
- Candidates will not see their score when taking an assessment on behalf of an employer.
How do you prevent candidates from cheating?
- While we don’t prevent candidates from having someone else take assessments, we do monitor for copies online of our questions and answers.
Can candidates retake assessments?
- You can allow a candidate to retake an assessment. On the candidate’s profile, click on the assessment name and then use the dropdown menu, “Options,” to select “Retake Assessment.”
How many assessments should I send?
- View our assessment library and search by using multiple terms, including the job title and key skills you are looking to evaluate. From our experience, candidate abandonment increases after the 30 minute mark so we include a warning message when combining assessments that will exceed 30 minutes.
Can I create my own (custom) assessments?
- Absolutely! We recommend using a descriptive name so you can keep track of your custom assessments.
In what languages are assessments offered?
- At the moment, we offer a few assessments to gauge a native English speaker’s foreign language ability. If you have a test you would like to create in a language other than U.S. English, you can build your own in the Custom Test Builder.
How do I see my candidate’s results?
- A candidate profile will be generated for each candidate. Click on “Test Bundle” in the navigation bar to view all of your test bundles. Choose a test bundle name to see a list of candidates that have completed the assessment(s). Alternately, you can search using the candidate’s name or email in the search field at the bottom of the screen.Candidate profiles offer a few metrics you can use to evaluate a candidate’s performance:
- Test (“module”) score: This is the percentage score a candidate earns, representing the percentage of points earned out of the total points available for a given assessment.
- A graphical distribution of scores: This visually represents how candidates who have taken this test bundle performed on this individual assessment.
- Scoring dimension details: Individual assessments may focus on one or multiple scoring dimensions. You can think of these as subsections of the overall assessment. This section provides that breakdown of the skill being tested and the distribution graph for that particular skill.
Can I integrate my ATS with Indeed Assessments?
- You can view the list of currently available integrations here. If you don’t see your ATS there, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com to request it. We can’t guarantee it will end up on our roadmap but we love to take customer feedback into consideration.
How do I set-up my ATS integration?
- To set up your ATS integration, go to “Settings” then “Integrations”. Choose an integration and follow the instructions on the screen. The instructions vary between integrations so be sure to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if anything seems unclear.
How do I reset my password?
- Use the “Reset Password” link to reset your password.
I’m having technical problems or difficulty navigating the Indeed Assessments site. Where can I get help?
- If you need additional help, please feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com.